Why My Router Not Working With New Modem?
At times, a wireless router might go inoperative when it is connected to a new modem. This problem arises either when it is connected to the modem or suddenly after working for some time.
If your router not working with new modem, carry out the simple steps provided on this page.
Note: The solutions provided below are for the Linksys routers.
Scenario 1:- Linksys Router Not Working With The New Spectrum Modem
Reboot Your Router And Modem
- Step 1:Unplug the power cable of the router as well as the modem.
- Step 2:Wait for a few minutes.
- Step 3:Reconnect the router’s power cable to the power source.
- Step 4:Re-plug the modem’s power cable to the wall outlet.
Cloning The MAC Address Of Your Computer
- Step 1:Launch any web browser on your computer that is connected with the Linksys router.
- Step 2:Type the router’s IP address and press Enter.
- Step 3:Enter the router’s login credentials correctly.
- Step 4:Click the Setup tab followed by the MAC Address Clone tab.
- Step 5:Select Enable -> Clone Your PC’s MAC -> Save.
- Step 6:After you clone the MAC address of your computer, check if the problem has been resolved.
Scenario 2:- Linksys Router Not Working With A New Arris Modem
Perform A Power Cycle
- Step 1:Reboot (power cycle) both your router and modem.
- Step 2:This might take only a few minutes.
- Step 3:Note: Resetting is different from rebooting the router.
- Step 4:Again, connect the power cables and check if the issue has been fixed.
Changing The Router’s Default IP
- Step 1:Access the Linksys cloud account.
- Step 2:Click Connectivity -> Local Network -> Edit.
- Step 3:Type the IP address that you need to use for the Linksys router.
- Step 4:Save your changes.
- Step 5:Once done, re-establish the connection between the router and the modem.
- Step 6:If the issue continues, press the Reset button on the router’s rear panel for about 30 seconds to reset the router.
Scenario 3:- Linksys Router Not Working With A New Comcast Modem
The first thing you have to try to resolve the problem is to reboot your router and your modem.
Check For ISP MTU Requirements
- Step 1:On your Windows 10 computer that is connected to the Linksys router, launch Command Prompt and perform a ping test.
- Step 2:Once you see the result, check if the correct MTU size is displayed in the Command Prompt window.
- Step 3:If it is incorrect, change it.
- Step 4:Still, if the router not working with new modem, you can get assistance from our technical experts.