How To Fix Modem Internet Light Blinking?
An Internet modem is a networking device that lets you connect to the Internet. All the modems have a certain set of LEDs on their front panel. These LEDs help in identifying the current status of the modem. When we speak of the Internet light on the modem, it should be solid green when you are connected to the Internet.
However, if you couldn’t connect to the Internet, then you could notice the modem Internet light blinking. This indicates a connection issue in the modem. If you notice the Internet light on your modem flashing, then you can perform the below steps to troubleshoot the issue.
Step 1: Restart the modem
- Step 1 :Sometimes, this issue could occur due to a power outage in your area. If that is the cause of the blinking Internet light, then you won’t be able to access the Internet. The only solution to solve the issue that has been caused by power outage is to restart the modem.
- Step 2 :Unplug the power cable or adapter of the modem.
- Step 3 :Remove the power cable from the power socket as well.
- Step 4 :Leave it for some time.
- Step 5 :Again, connect the modem to the power supply using the power cable and turn it ON.
- Step 6 :Now check if the Internet light flashing issue is resolved. If not, go to the next step.
Step 2: Check the cable connections
- Step 1 :Examine the telephone cable from the ISP that is connected to the modem.
- Step 2 :Remove and replug the cable firmly to the modem.
- Step 3 :If this cable is damaged, then that could be the reason why you are not able to access the modem Internet light blinking. Replace the cable connected to the modem.
Step 3: Reset the modem
- Step 1 :If you still see the Internet light flashing, then reset your modem.
- Step 2 :Locate the reset pinhole on the modem, then press and hold it using a paper clip for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Step 3 :Once the modem is reset, it will reboot.
- Step 4 :Now, check if the Internet light blinking issue has been resolved and configure all your network settings as required.
Step 4: Contact your ISP
- Step 1 :If the Internet light is still flashing after the reset, then there might be an outage in your area.
- Step 2 :Contact your ISP and confirm if the issue is due to an outage.
- Step 3 :In such a scenario, you have to wait until the issue is fixed by your ISP.
Modem Internet light blinking issue, contact our technical support.