How To Setup Wps Pin On Router?
Most of the wireless routers come with a WPS button. The Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is the simplest and easiest way to connect your desktop, laptop, or any hand-held wireless device to a wireless network. The WPS button can be used in two modes.
Most of the people prefer PUSH mode since it is the easiest one compared to the PIN method mode. The section below will help you to learn how To Setup Wps Pin On Router. In this section, the Linksys router has been taken as an example.
Using device PIN:
Consider you are trying to connect your TV or printer to a Linksys router.
Initiate the WPS PIN method on your device:
- Step 1:Go to your TV’s Setting section.
- Step 2:Select Network Settings > Internet Settings > Wireless > Manual Registration > WPS PIN.
- Step 3:Choose your network name from the list.
- Step 4:Now an 8-digit PIN will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Step 5:Note: Based on your device type, the above process may vary. Refer to your device’s user guide for the exact instructions.
- Step 6:Now, go to your Linksys router’s web access page using valid credentials.
- Step 7:Click the Wireless tab followed by Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Step 8:Enter the WPS PIN displayed on your device screen in the respective field and click Register.
- Step 9:Wait for the on-going configuration process to complete.
- Step 10:Once it is done, your device will be connected to the network successfully.
Using the router’s WPS PIN:
- Step 1:Alternatively, there will be a unique WPS PIN for each wireless router.
- Step 2:You can find this PIN on the label at the bottom of the router.
- Step 3:Now, go to your router’s web access page.
- Step 4:Click Wireless > Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Step 5:Your router’s WPS PIN will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6:Note it down and enter it on the device screen when prompted.
- Step 7:After entering the WPS PIN on your device, follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Step 8:To get remote assistance on how To Setup Wps Pin On Router, contact us.