HOW TO BRIDGE A ROUTER
Follow these guidelines to bridge two routers.Before you begin the bridge procedure, you need to collect these details of the existing router to which you want to bridge your router.Router’s SSID, security mode, security key(password), and radio frequency band(2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.
- Step 1:Go to the web browser of a smart device that is connected to the router, which is going to be bridged with the existing router.
- Step 2:Enter the router’s IP address and tap Go to view the router’s graphical user interface, i.e., the EWS page.
- Step 3:For some routers, there is an authentication step before you can access the EWS page. Key in the router’s login credentials and tap Log in. (Enter ‘admin’ for the username and ‘password’ for the password.)
- Step 4:Click Advanced . Advanced Setup Wireless Bridge Click the ‘Enable Bridge Mode’ checkbox Click Setup Bride Mode Wireless Settings
- Step 5:Choose the wireless network’s radio frequency band(either 2.4 or 5Ghz) and for the 802.11ac mode, set 5Ghz.
- Step 6:Key in the Wi-Fi SSID, the security option and key in the Wi-Fi passphrase of the existing router. Click Apply.
- Step 7:Following these how to bridge a router guidelines, Click Apply on the Advanced Wireless Settings page.