How To Access Router Settings Remotely
Proceed with the how to access router settings remotely steps given below to access the router settings remotely.
Enabling remote access on the router
- STEP : 1 You have to enable remote sharing on the router to accessit
- STEP : 2 On your web browser, enter the IP address of the router.
- STEP : 3 To find the IP address of the router from a Windows computer, open the Command Prompt window as administrator.
- STEP : 4 Type “ipconfig” and press the Enter key.
- STEP : 5 You can find the IP address of the router in the Default gateway section.
- STEP : 6 Otherwise, locate the IP address on the router label.
- STEP : 7 Type the username and password of the router to log in to the router’s web
- STEP : 8 Go to Settings and select the Advanced Settings option.
- STEP : 9 Navigate to the Remote Management section and enable remote access for your router.
- STEP : 10 If you don’t find the remote access section, allow web access.
- STEP : 11 A window prompts up to set a username and passwod for remote access.
- STEP : 12 Enable HTTPS connections for a secure connection.
Creating dynamic DNS
- STEP : 1
You have to create a dynamic DNS to enable remote management.
STEP : 2
A dynamic DNS will help you to access your router from any location using a domain name.
STEP : 3
On following how to access router settings remotely steps, Go to the dynamic DNS menu in your router’s web interface.
STEP : 4
Select a DNS service provider.
STEP : 5
Register and obtain a domain name for your router.
STEP : 6
Copy the hostname created by the DNS service provider and paste it in the DNS Settings sectionof the router’s web interface.
STEP : 7
Also, enter the DNS service provider account’s username and password.
STEP : 8
Now, enable DDNS and save the changes.
Accessing the router remotely
- STEP :1 Once you have enabled the remote access, you can access your router easily.
- STEP :2 Enter the domain name with your port number to open the router’s page remotely.
- STEP :3 If your router doesn’t support web access connections, enable Remote Desktop connections.
- STEP :4 Right-click on the My Computer icon and select the Remote tab.
- STEP :5 Now, select the All remote connectionsoption and log in to your router.
- STEP :6 Select the Port forwarding option and forward the port to your home computer.
- STEP :7 Now, open the Run dialog box from another computer.
- STEP :8 Type “MSTSC” and press Enter.
- STEP :9 Now, enter the IP address of the home computer and click Connect.
- STEP :10 Now on using how to access router settings remotely guide, You can now access your router remotely.