Connect Wireless USB Adapter To Computer
Wireless USB Adapter is similar to a high-speed wireless network card. This adapter uses your computer’s or laptop’s USB port to connect the device to a router. Most of the wireless USB adapter looks like a small USB flash drive. Some of the Wi-Fi USB adapters come with a connection cable. To know how to connect TP-Link AC1300 Mini Wireless MU-MIMO USB Adapter Archer T3U to your Windows or Mac computer, refer to the how to connect wireless USB adapter to computer steps below.
Steps to connect the TP-link wireless USB adapter into your computer
- Step 1:Unpack the Wireless USB adapter.
- Step 2:Switch on your computer.
- Step 3:Locate the USB port and insert the Wireless USB adapter directly into your computer.
- Step 4:If the USB Extension Cable is provided, you can also make use of it to perform the hardware setup.
Installing The Wireless USB Adapter Driver & Connecting Your Computer to The Wi-Fi Network
For Windows users:
- Step 1:Open the CD tray of your Windows computer.
- Step 2:Place the wireless USB adapter’s CD on the disc tray.
- Step 3:Close the disc tray.
- Step 4:Now, the Autoplay window will pop-up on the screen.
- Step 5:Select the Autorun.exe file to begin the adapter driver installation to connect wireless USB adapter to computer.
- Step 6:Initially, you will be prompted to choose your adapter model.
- Step 7:Select it and click the OK button.
- Step 8:Perform the on-screen prompts to complete the adapter driver installation.
- Step 9:Once the driver is installed successfully, a window displaying the message, ”Driver is installed! Now you can connect your computer to a Wi-Fi network” appears on the screen.
- Step 10:Click the OK button on the same screen and move on to the next phase of the configuration process.
- Step 11:If the installation CD is not provided with the adapter package, then you can download the driver file from the official site of the adapter.
Wireless connection using Windows built-in wireless utility
- Step 1:Locate and click the Network icon on your Windows computer’s taskbar.
- Step 2:Make sure that your wireless router is turned ON, and the connection status is good.
- Step 3:Now, the list of wireless networks that are available within your Windows computer’s range will appear on the screen.
- Step 4:Choose your wireless network’s SSID from the list to connect wireless USB adapter to computer.
- Step 5:When prompted, enter your Wi-Fi network’s password in the given field.
- Step 6:Once the Windows system is connected to your wireless network, you can utilize the device as per your need over the Wi-Fi network.
For the Mac OS X users:
- Step 1:Download the TP-Link AC1300 Mini Wireless MU-MIMO USB Adapter driver file from its official site.
- Step 2:The driver file will be downloaded in the zip format.
- Step 3:To begin the adapter driver installation, you have to unzip the driver file you have downloaded to connect wireless USB adapter to computer.
- Step 4:After that, double-click on the installer package.
- Step 5:Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the adapter's driver installation process.
- Step 6:If prompted, enter your Mac system’s security key in the given field.
- Step 7:Once the driver is installed successfully, begin the wireless network connectivity process by following the instructions given below.
- Step 8:You can perform the wireless connection setup on your Mac system in two different ways.
- Step 9:They are using the TP-Link Utility and WPS method.
- Step 10:Using TP-Link Utility:
- Step 11:The TP-Link Utility icon will be available on your Mac system’s menu bar, click on it.
- Step 12:Now, the wireless network available within your Mac system range will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 13:Choose the Wi-Fi network and enter its password in the given field.
- Step 14:Wait for your Mac system to connect to the wireless network.
- Step 15:After that to connect wireless USB adapter to computer, you can utilize the wireless network as per your needs.