Step 11:Once it is done, the Connected message will appear on the screen.
Through Wireless Connection Setup
- Step 1:First, gather your wireless network’s SSID and network key.
- Step 2:Now, switch on your TV and navigate to the PS4 device’s Settings section.
- Step 3:Select Network Set Up Internet Connection Use Wi-Fi Easy.
- Step 4:Now, a list of available wireless network’s SSID will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5:Choose your Wi-Fi network name from the list and press the R2 button.
- Step 6:Confirm the selection by pressing OK.
- Step 7:Wait for the internet settings update process to complete.
- Step 8:Now, the internet connection test message will appear on your TV’s screen.
- Step 9:Press the X button to continue the internet connection testing process to complete.
- Step 10:If your PS4 device is connected to the router successfully, the Connected message will appear on the screen.
HOW TO CONNECT PS4 TO NETGEAR ROUTER
To link your PS4 device to the Netgear router using a LAN cable, read and proceed with the simple, easy steps given below.
- Step 1:First, connect the PS4 device to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Step 2:Turn on the TV, and select the Settings option followed by Network.
- Step 3:Choose Set Up Internet Connection --> Use a LAN Cable --> Custom --> Automatic or Manual.
- Step 4:If you have selected the Manual option, then enter the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS, and Secondary DNS details in the appropriate fields.
- Step 5:After entering the above details, navigate to the Netgear router’s sign-in page.
- Step 6:Enter your Netgear router’s credentials in the given field.
- Step 7:The default username and password of the Netgear router are admin and password.
- Step 8:After entering the credentials, click the OK button.
- Step 9:Now, the Netgear router web page will appear.
- Step 10:Click the Advanced tab followed by Advanced Setup --> Port Forwarding.
- Step 11:Copy the port numbers of your PS4 device displayed on the screen.
- Step 12:After that, navigate to the Setup section and select the QoS setup option.
- Step 13:Enter the required information and click the OK button.
- Step 14:Similarly, set the other preferences and click the OK button.
- Step 15:Once your PS4 device is connected to the Netgear router, you can start your gaming.
HOW TO CONNECT PS4 DIRECTLY TO ROUTER
You can use an Ethernet cable to link your PS4 device to a router. To know how, read the quick steps given below.
- Step 1:Get an Ethernet cable from a trusted online retail store.
- Step 2:Link the PS4 device and your router using the Ethernet cable.
- Step 3:Select Settings . Network Set Up Internet Connection Use LAN cable Easy
- Step 4:Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the connection setup.
- Step 5:Once you have done the connection setup successfully, you can start gaming.
- Step 6:To get remote assistance on the same, click the Call button available on this webpage.
HOW TO PRIORITIZE PS4 ON NETGEAR ROUTER
- Step 1:If several devices are connected to the same network, there is a chance for slow internet or poor connection.
- Step 2:If the Upstream QoS option is enabled, then the chances for this issue can be reduced.
- Step 3:Enabling the Upstream QOS option comes under Prioritization.
- Step 4:To know how to enable the Upstream QoS option on your Netgear router, follow the quick steps given below.
- Step 5:Open a web browser on your system.
- Step 6:Navigate to the Netgear router’s sign-in page.
- Step 7:Enter the required credentials and click the Sign in button.
- Step 8:Now, the Netgear router’s BASIC Home page will appear on the screen.
- Step 9:Click ADVANCED Setup QoS Setup Upstream QoS.
- Step 10:Locate and click the checkbox beside the Enable Upstream QoS option.
- Step 11:Set the Uplink bandwidth Maximum and Speedtest values.
- Step 12:Finally, click the Apply button.