CAN'T CONNECT TO GUEST NETWORK
When you are not able to connect to a guest network, perform the solutions given below to resolve it.
- Step 1:If you are in your workplace, first, contact your IT support and check they have blocked the access.
- Step 2:If the access to the guest network is not blocked, check and resolve the possible internet problems as given below.
INTERNET TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS ON WINDOWS 10
SOLUTION 1 - CHECKING NETWORK SETTINGS
- Step 1:Navigate to the Start menu and then click the Settings option followed by the Network & Internet option.
- Step 2:Make sure to check whether you have enabled the Wi-Fi feature.
- Step 3:In the Wi-Fi section, the ‘Network is connected’ message should appear. If not, click Show Available Networks.
- Step 4:After selecting the network name from the displayed list, click the Connect button.
- Step 5:Also, check that you have turned off the Airplane Mode feature.
SOLUTION 2 - ROUTER PLACEMENT
- Step 1:The maximum distance between the router and the computer should be less.
- Step 2:Unplug the power cable from the router and then plug it after 30 seconds to restart the router.
SOLUTION 3 - WIRELESS NETWORK REPORT
- Step 1:Select the Start button followed by Command Prompt . Run as Administrator Yes to open the Command Prompt window
- Step 2:Enter ‘netsh wlan show wlan report’ without the quotes in the Command Prompt window.
- Step 3:Now, read the WLAN report and diagnose the problems accordingly.
SOLUTION 4 - BROADCAST
- Step 1:Open your default web browser on the Windows 10 computer.
- Step 2:You have enter to the IP address of your router in the address bar.
- Step 3:Log into your router account using valid credentials
SOLUTION 5 - NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTER
- Step 1:On the home screen, go to Start . Settings Network & Internet Status Change your Network Settings Network Troubleshooter
- Step 2:Follow the remaining prompts appearing on the screen and then check whether the problem is resolved.
- Step 3:View the Command Prompt window by selecting the Command Prompt option followed by the Run as Administrator option.
- Step 4:In the Command Prompt window, enter netsh winsock reset . netsh int ip reset ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew ipconfig/flushdns
SOLUTION 6 - DISABLING FIREWALL
- Step 1:Go to the Command Prompt window.
- Step 2:Enter ‘netsh advfirewall set all profiles state off’ without the single quotes.
- Step 3:This will disable the firewall temporarily on the Windows 10 computer.
SOLUTION 7 - NETWORK ADAPTER DRIVER
- Step 1:Make sure to update the network adapter driver to the recent version.
- Step 2:If the can't connect to guest network problem persists, uninstall the network adapter driver and install it by following the step-by-step instructions displayed on the screen.