How To Perform Belkin Router Setup?
Setting up your router allows all the computers and smart devices in your home and office to share the same high-speed Internet connection. You can surf over the Web, stream online content, play video games, and much more when you are connected to the network. The router provides excellent performance for the 5GHz band and decent performance for the 2.4 GHz bandwidth. The router setup is easy to perform and takes few minutes to complete. Setting up a new Belkin router means securing your network by configuring the router. You will be able to perform the Belkin router setup using the setup disk supplied with the router's box or using the manual setup method. Both the setup methods are mentioned below.
Using the setup disk to complete the belkin setup:
- Step 1:Insert the disk onto your computer.
- Step 2:After few seconds, the Belkin Easy Install Wizard Software opens up.
- Step 3:Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to finish the setup process and finally click on the Finish button to close the setup wizard.
- Step 4:The wizard will inform you that the Internet connection is active on your Belkin router.
Setting up the router using dashboard:
Before setting up the router, do the following setup first.
- Step 1:Get an Ethernet cable and connect it to your modem and the WAN or Internet port of the Belkin router.
- Step 2:Power ON the modem followed up by your router by plugging them into a reliable power source.
- Step 3:Establish a wired connection between your PC and the router using any one of the Ethernet ports of the Belkin router.
- Step 4:Turn on your computer, open your default browser, enter the IP address of your Belkin router in the search bar or address bar, and hit Enter.
- Step 5:Usually, the default IP address will be 192.168.2.1, or if you have changed the default value, enter the personalized IP address which you get by connecting the router to your computer.
- Step 6:When the router’s main page appears, click on dashboard. By default, there is no password configured for your
Belkin router, so you can directly hit the Submit button.
- Step 7:If your dashboard is locked, try entering the password, and click on the Submit button.
- Step 8:Click on Advanced Settings. Several different options will pop up on your screen. Click on the ISP connection type options available under WAN Settings.
- Step 9:Choose the Internet connection service that you are getting from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Step 10:If you choose the Dynamic option. Enter the Host Name and click on the Save button.
- Step 11:If you choose Static IP settings, it requires the IP Address, Subnet Mask, ISP Gateway Address, and DNS Address. You can obtain these details from your ISP. Enter the same and click on Save.
- Step 12:PPPoE requires just your user name and password, which you can request from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Enter the details and hit the Save button.
- Step 13:Use the ADSL cable to establish the connection between your router and the wall outlet.
- Step 14:Finally, restart your router and you are good to go.
- Step 15:Make sure that the Internet connection is working properly through a wired and wireless connection. Now we have seen how to perform Belkin Router Setup.