How To Configure Asus Router Setup?
Are you looking for the right procedure for an Asus router set up? Then you have reached the right page. This article covers the basic and common steps to perform the Asus router setup using the Asus router app and the router setting page (web GUI).
Setting up the router using web GUI
Step 1: Physical setup
- Step 1:Get an Ethernet cable.
- Step 2:Place your modem close to the Asus router.
- Step 3:Now, connect the router and your modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Step 4:Connect the Asus router to your computer over a wired or wireless connection.
- Step 5:If you prefer a wired connection, then use another Ethernet cable to connect your router to the computer.
- Step 6:Similarly, if you prefer a wireless connection, then place your computer within the range of your router.
- Step 7:Now, connect the router and the modem to a power outlet.
- Step 8:Turn on the modem followed by the router.
- Step 9:Check whether the Internet, Power, and other necessary LEDs on your router are blinking.
- Step 10:If not, re-perform the above instructions to get Asus router setup.
Step 2: Configuring the router settings
- Step 1:From your computer’s web browser, go to your router’s Settings page.
- Step 2:If prompted, enter the default credentials of your router and click Login.
- Step 3:Once you have signed in to your router’s web GUI page, you can configure the router settings as per your desire.
- Step 4:If you wish to modify the router’s admin settings, then go to the Advanced Settings section and click on the Administration option.
- Step 5:Configure the administration settings of your router as per your desire and save them.
- Step 6:If you wish to change the default SSID of your router, then click on the Network Map option under the General tab.
- Step 7:In the System Status section, type the SSID and select the authentication method & the WEP option of your desire. Finally, click Apply.
- Step 8:Similarly, configure the router settings such as network password configuration, etc., as per your desire.
- Step 9:Make sure to save the configured settings.
- Step 10:Finally, connect your computer to the Asus router’s network using the new credentials after the Asus router setup.
Setting up the router using the Asus Router app
- Step 1:Initially, complete the Asus router’s physical setup. You can refer to the previous method for the instructions.
- Step 2:From App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android), install the Asus Router app on your device.
- Step 3:After installing the app, turn on your Asus router and enable the Wi-Fi option on your Android or iOS device.
- Step 4:Select the Asus router’s network and connect your device to it.
- Step 5:Now, launch the Asus Router app on your device.
- Step 6:Tap Setup > Asus Router (choose your router from the list of suggestion) > Allow > Start > Next.
- Step 7:Perform your Asus router set up by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 8:Once the setup is done, the home screen of your Asus router will appear on the mobile screen.
To know more about the Asus router setup, click the Call button provided on this page.